Junior Web Developer
We are seeking a bright, detail-oriented, and motivated Junior Web Developer to join the Verbal+Visual team. This person will be working closely with our design and project management teams to deliver innovative and engaging digital experiences.
- Implement best practices and devise client-side solutions to bring design requirements to life.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility through thorough Q/A testing.
- Maintain existing sites/applications including bug fixes, content updates, and feature enhancements.
- 1-2 years experience working as a web developer working on a production codebase.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited 4-year college or university or 12-week(+) coding immersive.
- Preferred experience with Shopify and an MVC js framework (we use Vue.js). Experience in other eCommerce platforms such as Magento, Spree/Solidus, WooCommerce, etc. is a plus. A web application framework such as Ruby on Rails or Django is another bonus.
- Knowledge of modern build tools (npm, webpack, babel, etc.)
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and thoroughly enjoy the tech world.
- Must live within commuting distance of Manhattan, New York.
- Core competency in one of the following as a server-side language: JS, Ruby, PHP.
- Experience working with various APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagam, etc.
- Experience implementing standards for accessibility, SEO, and interactivity.
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and prioritize multiple projects at any one time.
- Flexible to adapt quickly to changing priorities within a very dynamic environment, work under pressure, solve problems and deliver on required timelines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills–both written and verbal.
- An excellent attitude and a strong passion for your career!
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position.
- A competitive benefits package is included.